- Lecturer in Transnational Education
- Module Convenor for English for Mathematicians, English for Data Science and English for Economists
- Teaching and Learning Lead for Part 1 ESAP Modules
- NUIST Reading Academy Exams Officer
Areas of interest
My areas of interest include English language and communication skills in STEM & Business, and intercultural communication and collaboration in education.
Regarding scholarship and research, I am currently developing a peer learning model for PhD students and undergraduates based on my experience of collaborating with PhD students in the delivery of English for Specific Purposes to undergraduate students at NUIST Reading Academy.
I have 20 years’ experience working within international education, with a particular interest in designing and delivering discipline-specific language courses.
My previous responsibilities here at ISLI have included delivering the IFP programme, English for Chemists Part 3 and summer pre-sessional courses to undergraduates.
Prior to joining ISLI, I designed learning materials and delivered English for Atmospheric Scientists and English for Economists at NUIST Reading Academy, Nanjing in China. In addition, I taught English for General Academic Purposes on the Foundation programme.
Since 2001, I have written and delivered English courses to all levels and needs in Ireland, the UK, Spain, the United Arab Emirates, and China.
- Master of Arts in Business Management, University of Limerick, Ireland
- Higher Diploma in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (DELTA) First, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
- Higher Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (CELTA), National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
- Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, University of Limerick, Ireland
- Bachelor of Arts in European Studies, Social Research and Spanish, University of Limerick, Ireland