- Multiple choice questions - getting it right (Cambridge)
- Item Writing event - Cambridge Assessment Language Testing Forum (Reading)
- BALEAP Conference: "EAP in a rapidly changing landscape: issues, challenges and solutions" (Leicester)
- Second Language Acquisition Research Forum (L-SLARF) - Colloquium (London)
- BAAL conference: Assessment supporting learning (Cambridge)
- Develop and administer tests of English for Academic Purposes.
- Teach English for Academic Purposes.
- Co-ordinate the Listening and Speaking module on English for Academic Purposes Pre-sessional courses.
Areas of interest
- I started teaching English for Academic Purposes at the University of Reading in 2012 and became a member of the assessment team within ISLI in 2015. The team produces and administers tests of English for Academic Purposes, which, along with developing teaching materials, is my main area of interest. Before joining the University of Reading, I taught and lectured English and English Literature at Loughborough University.
- I enjoy long walks, running, travelling and listening to music.
- Pre-sessional Courses (Listening and Speaking, Writing, Reading and Project)
- Introduction to English Language
I am currently involved in developing a new language test for international undergraduate students.