Reham El Morally
Areas of interest
- Gender and Politics of the Middle East
- Women's Rights in the Global South
- Southern Theories
- International Law
- Female Genital Mutilation and Cultural Studies
- Feminist Critical Discourse Analysis.
- IDM096 Addressing Poverty and Inequality through Social Policy
- IDM095 Theories and Practices of Development
- AP1ID1/2 International Development: Global and Local Issues
- APME82 Human Motivation
- AP3ID3 BSc Dissertation Writing for final year students
BackgroundReham submitted her PhD in 2021, which focused on understanding gender dynamics in Egypt, specifically how and why Egyptian women have the de facto status of 'second- class citizens'. She worked on multiple (inter)national projects including the Newton Funded collaboration, on climate justice and resilience among indigenous communities, between Reading and ASCOT University, Philippines. She additionally worked on the Institute of Education's Student Experience in STEM project. She is a vehement advocate and activist for gender equality and equity.
- El Morally, R. , Wong, B. ORCID: 0000-0002-7310-6418 , Copsey-Blake, M. (2022) Is science, technology, engineering and mathematics in higher education sexist and racist? all surface, no substance. Equity in Education & Society , 1 (2). pp. 216-236. ISSN: 2752-6461 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1177/27526461221105591
- Wong, B. ORCID: 0000-0002-7310-6418 , Copsey-Blake, M. , El Morally, R. (2022) Silent or silenced? minority ethnic students and the battle against racism. The Cambridge Journal of Education ISSN: 1469-3577 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1080/0305764X.2022.2047889
- Wong, B. ORCID: 0000-0002-7310-6418 , Copsey-Blake, M. , ElMorally, R. (2021) The student experiences in STEM report. University of Reading pp 45.
- Wong, B. ORCID: 0000-0002-7310-6418 , ElMorally, R. , Copsey-Blake, M. (2021) ‘Fair and square’: what do students think about the ethnicity degree awarding gap?. Journal of Further and Higher Education ISSN: 0309-877X | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1080/0309877X.2021.1932773
- Wong, B. ORCID: 0000-0002-7310-6418 , Elmorally, R. , Copsey-Blake, M. , Highwood, E. , Singarayer, J. (2021) Is race still relevant? Student perceptions and experiences of racism in higher education. The Cambridge Journal of Education , 51 (3). pp. 359-375. ISSN: 1469-3577 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1080/0305764X.2020.1831441
- ElMorally, R. (2020) (De)legitimizing violence: gendering the Arab Spring a comparative analysis of institutions in Egypt and Tunisia. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences , 11 (3). ISSN: 2039-2117 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.36941/mjss-2020-0027
- El Morally, R. (2020) Women in development: a critique of neo-classical economic theory as one of the causes for gender inequality. Open Journal of Political Science , 10 (1). pp. 1-14. ISSN: 2164-0505 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.4236/ojps.2020.101001
- ElMorally, R. (2017) Gender dynamics during and post The Lebanese Civil War 1975-1990 through a Marxist feminist perspective. International Journal of Scientific and Technology Research , 6 (6). ISSN: 2277-8616
- ElMorally, R. (2017) Sexual exploitation by UN peacekeeping forces: a feminist analysis of the gender and class. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications ISSN: 2250-3153