Accessibility navigation

Gaining access to buildings on campus

Carrington building

Although some colleagues are starting to return to campus, it is important that you continue to work remotely until you have been instructed to return by your Head of School or Function. 

Building access is not be automatic - each individual must be given authorisation by their Head of School or Function, with decisions to grant access based on priority activities and needs.

As of 1 September 2020, Schools and Functions now manage access to buildings instead of the Major Recovery Team (MRT). This is so that individual Schools and Functions can tailor their phased return plans in a way that best suits their needs, and building access is an important aspect of this. 

MRT02 and MRT03 forms

Before returning to campus - whether as part of a phased return or for a one-off reason (see below), you must complete either the MRT02 or MRT03 form before entering the site.

You can obtain these from your School or Functions' Health & Safety Co-ordinator - a list is available on this page if you are unsure of who this would be. Once completed, please return your form to your Head of School or Function (or to your line manager, if they have requested you to).

One-off access

If you have a need to return to campus as a one-off, such as to pick up equipment for prolonged remote working or to take part in a particular work-related activity, you must complete the MRT02 or MRT03 forms as mentioned above. The form should be submitted to your Head of School or Function, who will then contact you with the outcome of your request. 

In addition, you may also be asked to complete a separate form that is specific to your School or Function. You will be provided with details of this, if relevant.

Access arrangements

Different buildings may have different security arrangements, so, once you have permission, you should check what the arrangements are for your building before attending - someone may need to be arranged to let you in. Normally this will be someone from your School or Function. Any changes required to Campus Card access can be made by your local Campus Cards administrator.

If you have any queries, please speak to your line manager in the first instance. 

Page navigation

Search Form

Main navigation