Internal, open access


Welcome to the University of Reading's Insurance pages which encompass several important aspects of the University's insurance cover together with clear details and claim forms where appropriate.

University's Document of Employer Liability Insurance

Download the University's Document of Employer Liability Insurance here: Certificate of Public Liability Insurance

If you are travelling 'on the business of the University of Reading' Business travel

The Insurance Office can offer assistance and advice when you are required to travel on University business. As well as information on insurance cover we also have guidance on Travelling safely

Cancellation of Any Travel

If you wish to cancel a trip due to the Coronavirus please complete the Notice to Cancel Form For Insurance 2020 and return it to for the Insurance Team to record and process.

Vehicle insurance and regulations

Information on insurance cover for University-owned and hired vehicles. Owing to recent legislation there are important changes to regulations with regards to using minibuses on the business of the University. If you plan to hire/use a minibus please check the Minibus regulations

University of Reading Certificate of Motor Insurance

Motor Insurance claims

Information on how to make a motor insurance claim, including accident, fire and theft.

Students and insurance

Information and advice on student placements, field trips and medical cover for foreign students.

Equipment off campus

Regulations governing the use of University equipment off campus.

Public liability

Information on the University's Public Liability Insurance and how it applies to the individual.

Professional indemnity insurance

Information detailing the University's protection against slander, libel, copyright infringement, fraud, loss and damage.


Things to do now

Contact us

Page navigation

See also

If you have any queries regarding Insurance please let us know by contacting:



Search Form

A-Z lists