Internal, open access


Welcome to the University of Reading's Insurance pages which encompass several important aspects of the University's insurance cover together with clear details and claim forms where appropriate.

University's Document of Employer' Liability Insurance


Travelling 'on the business of the University of Reading'747 plane

The Insurance Office can offer assistance and advice when
you are required to travel on University business. As well
as information on insurance cover we also have guidance
on how to stay safe when travelling


Vehicle Insurance and Regulations

Information on insurance cover for University-owned and car pic for travel page
hired vehicles.

Owing to recent legislation there are important changes to regulations with regards to using minubuses on the business of the University. If you plan to hire/use a minibus please
check the minibus Minibus regulations page.

Certificate of Motor Insurance

Motor Insurance claimsBroken glass

Information on how to make a motor insurance claim, including accident, fire and theft.



Students and Insurancefield trip

Information and advice on student placements,
field trips and medical cover for foreign students.


Equipment off CampusLap top

Regulations governing the use of University
equipment off campus.



Public LiabilityPublic Liability

Information on the University's Public Liability Insurance and how it applys to the individual.


Professional Indemnity InsuranceJudge

Information detailing the University's protection against slander,
libel, copyrigth infringement, fraud, loss and damage.


Things to do now

Contact us

John Fisher
Insurance Officer

Page navigation

Enquiries If you have any queries regarding Insurance please let us know by contacting


Search Form

A-Z lists