Central Induction Workshop
New Staff Induction
Induction is the period of time when you get to know your role, your team, and your place of work.
It is often a busy time involving receiving information, asking questions, and meeting new people.
Please take a look at the information below which will support both you and your manager, in your first few months working at the University:
1. Central Induction Workshop
When you first begin working at the University, your line manager will support your local induction where you will get to know your role, your team, and your local place of work.
However, once you have settled into your role, we would strongly encourage you to come along to a
Central Induction Workshop.
This half-day workshop is where you will meet other new staff and learn about the University as a whole. This workshop is an opportunity to ask questions of the Vice Chancellor or a member of the Exec board, aw well as to learn about the history of our University, our strategy and how we operate.
- To reserve a place for yourself on Central Induction, please book on Central Induction booking.
- If you are a manager and would like to book a place for a new colleague please contact People Development (email@example.com) directly.
- Our key people
- Abbreviations and Acronyms
- General Information for Staff Members
- Key Contacts List
- University of Reading Closure Days
- Information Management Policy Services (IMPS)
- Anti Bribery and Corruption Policy
- Corporate and Social Responsibility Business Conduct Policy