Manual Handling training
Injuries caused by manual handling are responsible for a significant number of accidents and lost working time in workplaces. This course provides information, advice and general techniques for safe manual handling.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE SESSION:
- Be able to define Manual Handling
- Understand the dangers of hazardous manual handling
- Know how to avoid hazardous manual handling
- Learn good manual handling technique
- Adapt this technique to the types of handling carried out at work
ON RETURNING TO THE WORK PLACE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Be aware of and understand manual handling risk assessments that apply to your work and assess how to avoid hazardous manual handling.
- Be able to demonstrate and apply good manual handling technique within the workplace
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Newly appointed personnel whose work will regularly involve carrying out manual handling tasks. The course is also applicable for personnel such as manual handling assessors or Area Health & Safety Co-ordinators who wish to gain an understanding of safe lifting techniques. It is also appropriate as refresher training for staff who attended their last course more than 3 years ago.
Details of outstanding manual handling problems or issues should be brought to the training session for discussion. Part of the course will include a practical session so attendees are requested to dress appropriately, ie comfortable clothing and flat shoes, and be prepared to participate.
Please notify any medical issues/conditions that the trainer should be aware of prior to the start of the course.
COURSE DATES & TIMES
- 17th November 2020 11:00-12:00
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 10
COURSE TUTOR: Nick Bathurst