Manual Handling Technique - Train the Trainer
Injuries caused by manual handling are responsible for a significant number of accidents and lost working time in workplaces. Managers should be aware of how to train staff to work safely. This course provides Managers with the skills to train their own staff in general techniques for safe manual handling.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE SESSION:
Be able to understand and train staff in the following:
- Define Manual Handling
- Understand the dangers of hazardous manual handling
- Know how to avoid hazardous manual handling
- Good manual handling technique
- Adapting this technique to the types of handling carried out at work
ON RETURNING TO THE WORK PLACE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Be aware of and understand manual handling risk assessments that apply to your work and assess how to avoid hazardous manual handling
- Be able to demonstrate and apply good manual handling technique within the workplace
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Managers of areas which involve a large amount of manual handling.
Details of outstanding manual handling problems or issues should be brought to the training session for discussion. Part of the course will include a practical session so attendees are requested to dress appropriately, ie comfortable clothing and flat shoes, and be prepared to participate.
COURSE DATE & TIME
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 10
COURSE TUTOR: Health and Safety Services