Managing Health and Safety
This course provides Health & Safety Co-ordinators, with the knowledge and skills to effectively manage health and safety in the workplace. The basic principles of risk assessment, accident and investigation, health and safety monitoring and management systems are covered.
- Explain the University health and safety management systems
- Give an over view of current health and safety legislation
- Provide practical management guidance
OBJECTIVES - ON RETURNING TO THE WORK PLACE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Be able to assess the current health and safety management system of your School or Department
- Set out practical methods to improve safety management within your School or Department.
- Help to build a good safety culture.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
It is a mandatory for all Health & Safety Co-ordinators to complete this training.
You should check what health and safety systems exist within your School or Department before you attend. You should bring an example of a risk assessment that you have previously completed or are now intending to undertake, for discussion.
COURSE DATES & TIMES (lunch will be provided)
- 22nd January 2020 09:30-17:00
- 6th May 2020 09:30-17:00
- MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 12
COURSE TUTORS: Health & Safety Services
Notes If the next course is more than 3 months after a new Health and Safety Co-ordinator's appointment, please inform Health & Safety Services.It may be possible to provide an additional briefing for small groups or on a one-to-one basis.