Introduction to Lab Safety for Biologists
To introduce risk assessment principles to Project supervisors, lab managers, phd students and those whose work is likely to bring them into contact with hazardous biological agents (including incidental exposure through human or animal samples) as a consequence of their work activities.
OBJECTIVES ON RETURNING TO THE WORK PLACE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the nature of hazardous biological agents
- Understand the requirements of the COSHH Regulations for work which may involve exposure to hazardous biological agents
- Assess the risks from possible exposure to hazardous biological agents
- Understand the control measures
- Comply with University requirements for use of hazardous biological agents
- Brief overview of the legislation
- How to complete Biological risk assessments
- Brief overview of the University procedures for Biological hazards.
- Health Surveillance
- Undertaking work: local rules, disinfection and waste disposal.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
All those who are responsible for, or undertake work with, hazardous biological agents.
COURSE DATE & TIME:
- 12th November 2020 11:00-12:30
- 19th February 2021 10:00-12:00
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 20
COURSE TUTOR: Health & Safety Services