General Risk Assessment
This course covers the principles of risk assessment and aims to provide practical instruction in how to undertake general health and safety risk assessments for a variety of workplaces.
- Understand the University risk assessment process
- Complete a basic risk assessment
- Identify hazards
- Set out suitable control measures
OBJECTIVES - ON RETURNING TO THE WORK PLACE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Undertake risk assess for your local area
- Review the current risk assessments and make suitable improvements
- Know where to obtain information for the completion of risk assessments
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Staff who access risks, especially Health & Safety Co-coordinators. Course case study material will be tailored to the working environment of delegates, where practical. Other courses, arranged by Health & Safety Services, provide specific risk assessment training for manual handling, Display Screen Equipment, COSHH, Genetic modification work, fieldwork and social events - see separate entries.
Participants should bring with them an example of a risk assessment they have previously completed or are now intending to undertake, for discussion. Participants must also provide a date for a member of Health & Safety Services to visit them in their workplace approximately 1 week after the course.
COURSE DATES & TIMES
- 29th October 2020 10:30-12:00
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 7
COURSE TUTORS: Steve Ansell