Fire Wardens Training
The course introduces Fire Wardens to fire routines and the correct action to be taken in the event of fire, for their respective building. It also covers fire prevention and awareness, and the role of Fire Wardens in maintaining high standards of fire safety.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
- Understand employer's / employee's responsibilities under current fire safety legislation
- Understand the duties of Fire Wardens / Door Wardens with awareness of the Evacuation Officers duties.
- Be aware of how fire can develop and spread.
- Understand the basic principles Means of Escape and how to carry out a safe sweep of a building.
- Understand the legal need for ensuring all people including disabled people are evacuated from a building in the event of a fire and understand the options available for achieving this.
- Recognise (and operate) refuge communications equipment.
- Understand the common causes of fire.
- Be aware of fire prevention techniques and good practice
ON RETURNING TO THE WORKPLACE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Undertake the role of a Fire Warden
- Review your building's fire evacuation plans and recommend or implement changes if required
- Recognise fire hazards and take measures to mitigate the risk of an outbreak of fire
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
All members of staff who form part of their building fire evacuation team e.g. Fire Wardens / Door Wardens & Evacuation Officers including those who have not undergone refresher training within the last 3 years.
Participants should make themselves familiar with the fire evacuation procedure for their individual building.
COURSE DATES & TIMES
6th October 2020, 10:00-11:30, Microsoft Teams training session- A meeting invite will be sent out prior to the session.
25th November 2020, 10:00-11:30, Microsoft Teams training session-A meeting invite will be sent prior to the session.
*Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic our training program is running on a reduced timetable.
There are now two presentations, Acting Fire Evacuation Officer and Acting Fire Wardens training available on UoR Learn which can be used as an alternative to in-house training and Teams training sessions.
Theses presentations are designed to provide sufficient knowledge to act in either role during a phased return when existing members of the evacuation team may be reduced.
Please view the presentations as many times as you would like and go through quiz/revision session at the end, once you are happy that you understand the role you may then form part of the evacuation team.
Should you have any questions following the presentations please contact David Sharp, Kevin McGovern or email@example.com
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: N/A
COURSE TUTOR: David Sharp/Kevin McGovern