Connecting Regulators & Gas Cylinder
This course provides a basic understanding of the hazards of working with gas cylinders with practical experience of connecting regulators to a gas cylinder.
OBJECTIVES - ON RETURNING TO THE WORK PLACE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the hazards of working with gas cylinders
- Identify the control measures required for safe working with gas cylinders
- Demonstrate how to connect a regulator to a gas cylinder and how to move it
- All new laboratory based postgraduate students and staff who handle gas cylinders and regulators.Visual checks on regulators
- Correct fitting of regulators
- Correct fitting of hoses
- Setting working pressures
- Correct leak test procedures prior to use
- Closing the cylinder and safely releasing pressure
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
All new laboratory based postgraduate students and staff who handle gas cylinders and regulators.
PRE - COURSE PREPARATION:
Before attending the course you must pass an online theory module.
COURSE DATES & TIMES
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 20
COURSE TUTORS: External Course - Gas Safe
Please note you will be charged if you cancel within less than 2 weeks notice, fail the theory module or in case of a no show on the day.