Our undergraduate degree courses cover important global issues including landscape ecology, climatology, the global economy, employment and development, as well as how the global community can tackle climate change.
Geography affects all our lives, from global problems of territorial conflict or climate change to local issues of social deprivation or water pollution. Environmental Science looks at the physical, chemical and biological parts of the Earth system, how they interact and change through time as well as the impact of human activity on the Earth.
Varied teaching methods
Our degrees equip you with a vast range of skills, and offer you flexibility and choice.
Practical skills for employment
A degree in geography or environmental science opens the door to a large number of careers.
Work experience while you study
All of our degrees have an optional placement year allowing you to gain invaluable work experience and explore your career options.
Learn in the field
Develop critical skills by taking part in national and international field classes.
Experience a new culture
All of our degrees offer opportunities to study outside the UK allowing you to learn about another culture and broaden your experience.
- BSc Environmental Science
- BSc Environmental Science with Professional Experience
- BSc Geography and Economics
- BSc Geography and Economics with Professional Experience
- BSc Geography (Human and Physical)
- BSc Geography (Human and Physical) with Professional Experience
- BSc Geography (Human)
- BSc Geography (Human) with Professional Experience
- BSc Geography (Physical)
- BSc Geography (Physical) with Professional Experience
- BSc Geography and Archaeology
- BSc Geography and Archaeology with Professional Placement
- BSc Geography and Archaeology with Study Year Abroad
- BSc Geography and Archaeology with Placement and Study Abroad
International Foundation Year programme
If you want to study environmental science at a British university but don't have the correct qualifications, our four-year Environmental Science with International Foundation Year programme enables you to undertake an undergraduate environmental science degree.
- BSc Environmental Science with International Foundation Year - September Entry
Looking for 2021/22 courses?
If you would like to start studying Geography at the University of Reading in 2021, please view our 2021/22 undergraduate courses.
Come to an Open Day
Get a real feel for the University and explore our beautiful award-winning campus.