All students interested in studying one of our master's courses are eligible to apply for postgraduate funding.
Master's Scholarships 2021
The Department of Food and Nutritional Sciences is offering 7 scholarships of £4,000 each for international students and 2 scholarships of £2,000 each for UK/Republic of Ireland. Take a look at our scholarships page for details of which courses are eligible and how to apply.
If you've previously completed a degree with us, you’ll automatically receive our alumni discount (£1,500 off the cost of your tuition fees).
harry nursten scholarship
The Harry Nursten Postgraduate Scholarship aims to encourage students from under-represented groups to study at the postgraduate level in Food and Nutritional Sciences. The scholarship is able to make an award up to a value of £5,000 each year and each award is tenable for one year. In order to apply, you must have received an offer of admission to one our participating master’s courses.
- MSc Food Science
- MSc Food Technology: Quality Assurance
- MSc Nutrition and Food Science
- Applicants must be nationals and residents of the UK and must be studying towards a postgraduate taught qualification in the Department of Food and Nutritional Sciences, either full-time or part-time.
- Scholarship awards are given based on academic merit to those most in financial need.
- The closing date for applications is 1 June 2021. Results will be announced by end of June 2021.
How to apply?
H. KNAPMAN SCHOLARSHIP - ACCOMMODATION SCHOLARSHIP FOR SCIENTISTS
Through a generous donation the university is able to offer an accommodation scholarship to a full-time master’s student in the sciences, including Food and Nutritional Sciences. The scholarship will pay for 40 weeks of accommodation in one of the standard rooms in St Patrick's Hall and has an approximate value of £5,100.
The scholarship can be held in conjunction with another scholarship that pays full or partial tuition fees but cannot be offered to a student who already has a scholarship that provides a full stipend for living costs.
Applications for this scholarship are now open. In order to apply, you must have received an offer of admission to one our master’s courses. The closing date for applications is 15 June 2021.