Building Support services
The Building Support Officers act as the main point of contact for support services, academic staff, building occupants, visitors and all building users of a range of buildings across the Whiteknights and London Road campus.
We work with our stakeholders and users to communicate and liaise between the services and departments within the University, any activities that could potentially affect teaching, learning and research activities.
We work with Estates staff and contractors to communicate proactive, reactive and emergency maintenance works in the buildings.
The BSO team liaise with Project Managers and Estates on medium and larger scale improvement works and building works to minimise disruption and keep all building users informed. Please have a look at their workflow chart.
- Building safety
- Fire compliance checks, recording and reporting as necessary
- Conducting building audits to proactively identify any possible areas of failure or weakness
- Health & Safety- monitoring the central provision of first aid and emergency equipment
- Conducting monthly centrally bookable classroom condition audits
- Monitoring buildings for any security concerns
- Assisting 'secure by design'
Who we work with
- Schools and Functions
- Health & Safety Services
- Technical Services
- Property Services
- Clean & Green
- Grounds and Maintenance
- Postal Services
- IT / AV
- Strategy and Space
- Catering, Hotel and Conference Services