Report an issue
Not sure who to contact?
If you are unsure whether an incident constitutes a crime, please contact us by phone on +44 (0)118 378 7799 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to advise.
Report a crime
If you are the victim of a crime on campus,or witness a crime taking place then please contact take the following steps:
Report the incident to the Police
- If it is an emergency dial 999 (Please note: if you are calling from a University of Reading line, you will need to press 0 to get an outside line before dialling.)
- If it is not an emergency, please telephone 101 or complete Report a Crime to Thames Valley Police on the Thames Valley Police website.
Please ensure that you ask for the crime reference number and the Unique Reference Number (URN).
Report the incident to Security
Once you have reported the incident to the Police, please let us know as soon as possible.
- If it is an emergency please phone on +44 (0)118 378 6300 (internal 6300)
- If it is not an emergency, please phone +44 (0)118 378 7799 (internal 7799) or email us at email@example.com
We will ask you for the crime reference number/URN, which we are legally bound to store in our crime database, along with all the details of the incident. You can also download and fill out a Crime Report which may help us to identify any shortcomings in the University's security provision.
If you have information about a crime that has already taken place, Crimestoppers can tell you how to report it by phone or online.Report an incident on campus Please report other incidents to us directly by phone on +44 (0)118 378 7799 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All calls are recorded for Verification and Audit purposes
- Telephone: +44 (0)118 378 6300
- Telephone: +44 (0)118 378 7799
- All calls are recorded for Verification and Audit purposes
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 999
- Report a Crime to Thames Valley Police