2 June 2020
This section provides specific advice for postgraduate research (doctoral) students. If you have any further queries please contact your supervisor or the Graduate School.
Reading Researcher Development Programme (RRDP)
- All face-to-face taught training delivered by the Graduate School will cease until the end of the summer term.
- This includes the RRDP, Preparing to Teach (P2T), the summer term induction and our English language thesis writing programmes (further updates may be provided on online access to English language support.
- Statistical Advisory Service (SAS) appointments are unavailable for the summer term.
- The Henley Business School / Graduate School Leadership Programme will not run in the summer term.
- The annual minimum training requirements for RRDP will be relaxed for the current academic year. You may like to keep a note of any online training that you complete and feed these into future progress reviews.
- Please check that you have access to online courses and email your username if you cannot view courses so we can enrol you. To access courses log into Blackboard and select Graduate School (courses) under the 'Organisations' header. This will give you access to the online courses including the Statistical Methods for Research Programme.
- Many RRDP presenters have provided Powerpoint slides for training courses which can also be found in Blackboard under ‘RRDP Materials’.
Please discuss with your supervisor how this shoul dbe carried out in the coming weeks.
Confirmation of Registration
Decisions on confirmation of registration are made at School level. If your CoR is approaching, please discuss with your supervisor and School Director of Postgraduate Research Studies regarding alternative arrangements.
Submission of these
With immediate effect, all PhD theses to be examined must be submitted online to the Doctoral Examinations officer address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Theses will be sent to examiners electronically. All students in year 3 and beyond will have already been notified of this decision.
Advice on vivas taking place via Skype has been provided to supervisors and Directors of Postgraduate Research Studies. Further information about your planned vivas will be sent from your internal examiner.
For doctoral researchers in receipt of a stipend, please note that unless suspended, stipend payments will continue as normal. Any extensions to funding will be considered as and when required.