- First point of contact for all placement questions/information
- Placement training and individual support and advice
- Liaising with your placement provider, organising necessary legal and regulatory administration
- Supporting you whilst you are on placement
- Supporting your transition back to university life when you return for your final year
The Placement Team consists of dedicated Placement Coordinators who work closely with your school’s Placement Tutor(s) to ensure you have regular placement training sessions, 1-1 appointments and access to placement providers on campus through fairs and events. Details of sessions and events will be communicated to you either by email, Blackboard, your timetable or me@reading.
To support your PPY training you have access to online training sessions on Blackboard providing resources and support 24/7 and at a time suitable to you. Our Professional Placement Year Training organisation also provides access to our Peer Supporter network of former placement year students who can offer tips and insights based on their own experiences.