In order to be eligible for graduation you need to check two things:
- Your results
- You don't have tuition fee debt
You will not be able to graduate and will be automatically deferred to a future graduation ceremony if:
- you have not passed and need to resit
- you have not passed, but have qualified for an exit award, which you have not yet accepted
- you have an open academic misconduct case with either the School Director of Learning & Teaching (SDTL) or with the Standing Committee on Academic Misconduct (SCAM) in the lead up to Graduation
- for any other reason the Exams Office do not have a final result for you by Monday 4 November 2019.
Appealing your result
You are able to attend your planned graduation ceremony and submit an appeal against your result if you consider that you have grounds supported by relevant evidence.
If you have a pass or higher you may graduate, notwithstanding your pending appeal and the lack of a final determination of your degree classification. If you fall within this category you would not receive your degree certificate at the ceremony but will instead receive a letter confirming the current position. Your degree certificate would be issued to you following the resolution of your appeal.
If you fail a Master's course but are eligible for a postgraduate exit award (i.e. PGCert/PGDip) and want to accept it, you must notify the Examinations Office by Monday 4 November 2019. If you do not, you will have to wait until the next set of ceremonies to graduate.
Sean Semple at the Graduate School must receive your final result by Thursday 28 November 2019 at 4pm or you will not be able to graduate and you will be deferred to a future graduation ceremony. Also, the University will withhold your degree certificate if you have not submitted a hard-bound copy of your thesis by Thursday 5 December 2019.
Clear your debts
If you owe a tuition fee debt of £50 or greater to the University you will not:
- be able to graduate or attend the Graduation Ceremony
- receive your award certificate
- be issued with any academic reference
If you owe less than £50 in tuition fees you will be able to attend your Graduation ceremony, however the University will withhold your degree certificate, and you will not be issued with any academic reference.
If you do owe a debt, you can:
Contact the Receipts Office on 0118 378 6130For further information about paying your debt, please contact the Student Credit Control team: firstname.lastname@example.org.