Back to Uni: Your Essential Guide to Flexible and Online Study
Get off to the best possible start this autumn term by completing ‘Back to Uni: Your Essential Guide to Flexible and Online Study’ – a free online course tailored exclusively for you by the Study Advice team and academic and support staff from across the University.
There have been some changes to the ways you’ll be learning post Covid-19.’ Back to Uni’ will help you prepare for your return to study at the University of Reading. The course will provide vital information on how you’ll be studying this term, including advice on how to make the most of face-to-face interactive sessions and online core content, as well as developing your study skills to adapt to learning online. Here’s what to expect from the course:
- Explore the different approaches for flexible learning this autumn term
- Familiarise yourself with the digital tools and technologies you’ll be using
- Develop your digital communication skills
- Enhance your study skills for online learning and improve your chances of success
- Develop strategies to manage you time and space effectively
- Develop your research skills
- Identify what help is available and where to go if you need further support
The course is packed with useful advice and guidance to help you return to your studies with confidence, whether you are returning to campus or temporarily studying remotely.
We recommend you complete the course before the term begins to get the maximum benefit. It can be completed in a few short sessions (approx. 4 hours of total study) and is designed so you can work through it at your own pace. You will also have plenty of opportunities to connect with other UoR students, new and old, in the course discussion boards and share your ideas and experience.
How to access ‘Back to Uni: Back to Uni: Your Essential Guide to Flexible and Online Study’.
You will receive an email with a link to the course on the following date, depending on your year of study:
- All returning students - 22nd September
- New postgraduate students - 29th September
- New Henley Business School postgraduate students - 12th October
In the meantime, if you have any queries about the course ‘Back to Uni’, please email email@example.com. If your query is regarding access, please contact the Online Courses team firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Students will receive an email with the invitation link to join the course. Returning students received an email containing a link to the course on Tuesday 22 September entitled 'Start of term newsletter.' If you can’t find the email or encounter any problems accessing the link, please email: OOCs@reading.ac.uk using their UoR email address to request a copy.