Blackboard Learn gives you flexible access to online learning and resources for your School, programme and modules.
Blackboard provides access to online learning, information and activities. You will also use it to submit your coursework electronically, when required. Check out the Blackboard Introduction Video to help you on your way.
If you’re a returning student, you’ll notice that Blackboard looks a little bit different this year. This is because we’ve switched on something called Ultra Base Navigation – this just means you will need to navigate Blackboard a little differently before you get to your modules.
Blackboard Learn is the online home for your modules and programme. You will be able to find:
- module and/or programme content
- general resources to support your learning
- accessible alternative formats of Blackboard materials
- administrative information from your School.
Our Getting Started pages show you:
- how to sign in and navigate around
- what information is available
- when and how you get access to your courses
- download the student 'Blackboard App' from your app store to use Blackboard.
Learn on your smartphone or tablet to:
- keep up to date with announcements and information
- set up the app to send you notifications when something new is added
- view your course content
- post to discussion boards or blogs.
Help and support is available from the ‘Blackboard Help’ tab in Blackboard itself:
- use an up-to-date web browser when accessing Blackboard: Chrome, Edge or Firefox are the recommended browsers (check which browsers Blackboard works with)
- understand how to submit your assignments electronically
- check out the inbuilt accessibility features of Blackboard
Each member of staff will use Blackboard in their own way. For specific questions about online course content, contact your lecturer/tutor. For general queries (e.g. enrolment in Blackboard courses) contact your Student Support Centre. For technical issues, visit IT Services or email.