30 September - 01 October
Our first event of the academic year, JobFest is a great starting point to find part-time work and find out about developmental opportunities that complement your studies. This year, we will be running JobFest virtually.
You can browse the Career Fair Plus app to find out more about the employers participating, our employer and careers webinars and to book 1:1 Employer Chats (details will start becoming available 4 weeks before).
Industry and development webinars with Q&A will take place mostly on 30 September. Each employer or provider will have a short slot within the webinar to tell you about their opportunities. The length of the webinar or panel will vary depending on employers who book a place with us but we anticipate them lasting between 30 and 45 minutes.
Typical panel titles may include:
- External providers - administration, IT, accountancy, and finance, armed forces – reservists, care and health work, teaching, education and working with young people, hospitality, service industries, leisure and tourism, retail.
- Internal/University departments - roles of responsibility, interests and development, personal development, part time roles on campus, RED Award, Professional Placement Year, Reading Internship Scheme.
All available via Blackboard with timings listed in each employer’s profile on Careers Fair Plus.
Employer 1:1 Chats
We believe our students deserve those valuable one-to-one conversations with employers. That’s why you can book a 10 minute telephone appointment with your favourites for Thursday 1 October (take a look at their availability via the app from Monday 21 September). Take this opportunity to find out more about the organisation and job role. When booking appointments, you will be asked to give some detail and provide a telephone number. You are also able to attach a CV, and at JobFest many employers will interview/hire on the spot so for this event we’d advise you to be prepared for that possibility. You can book your appointment via Careers Fair Plus and we’ll notify you when bookings are open.
Careers webinars and 1:1 guidance
Our expert Careers Consultants provide CV reviews, careers advice and more via webinars or one-to-one telephone appointments (bookable on MyJobsOnline).
For JobFest they will run sessions such as:
- Graduate Schemes: Are they for me and how do I get in?
- CV webinar
- Ace your online interviews
- Finding remote internships and work experience
- RED Award introduction
If you are unfamiliar with how to access webinars using Blackboard, watch our short screencast.
- complete employer listings
- event details and webinar listings
- announcements for real-time updates
- fair tips section to help you prepare
- appointments with employers
Open the app, and navigate to University of Reading, and then select ‘JobFest 2020’.
Webinars will be recorded, captioned and made available post-event.
For those who cannot access telephone appointments due to hearing loss, anxiety or any other disability, an email address is provided on the employer’s profile that we would encourage you to use as an alternative form of communication.
If you have any other accessibility needs that have not been addressed, please contact email@example.com and we will endeavour to provide our event information in a format accessible to you.