Covid 19 update
Students are required to register with police after collecting their BRP still, guidance on how to register can be found below. However, at the moment students would not be able to book an appointment. Once you have completed the application you will receive an automated email that will ask for:
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Contact Number
It is important that you respond to the automated email with the information above, If you did not receive an automated email, you may have not completed the application within 20 minute, therefore you will need to complete the application again.
Once appointments are available, the police station will contact you to login into your account to book your appointment.
How do I register?
1:You need to visit the police website and register an account online.
2: Login into your chosen email and confirm your Police account your account. Once you have confirmed your account, log in.
3: You need to complete all sections of the online form within 20 minutes. Otherwise, it will log you out and you will have to fill in the form all in again.
4: Book your police appointment (the appointment does not have to be within 7 days, please do not miss
5: Attend your police appointment.
Which Police Stations are closest to campus?
- Reading Police Station:Castle Street, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 7TH
- Loddon Valley Police Station: Rushey Way, Earley, Reading, Berkshire RG6 4PS
What should I expect during the application process?
Whilst creating an account, sometimes the webpage does not work with certain email address', if this happens to you, please use another email address to register with.
Once you have created an account, it will take couple of minutes for your account confirmation/verification email to come through.
Whilst you are waiting for your email, have your passport, BRP, course and address information next to you, as you will need them to complete the form.
You will need to provide information on the following:
- Personal details
- Contact details
- Family member’s details (if required)
- Study details
- Travel, Passport and Visa details
- You will need to attach a passport style photo showing a close-up of your head and shoulders (no shadow, object or people in the photo with you)
- The photo can be taken on your phone and should be no larger than 170 x 132
- The photo can be in the format of: Jpeg, Png, Jpg.
What do I need to take to my police appointment?
- Your current passport
- Your Biometric Residence Permit
- The Home Office letter that approved your application for leave (if you have one)
- Current fee of £34.00 in exact cash, not card (this may change)
- Confirmation of enrolment letter containing your UK address (you can download this from the student
portal or obtain one from your Support Centre).
- PhD students will need to obtain one from the Doctoral Research Office.
What should I expect at my police appointment?
- The appointment should last around 20 minutes
- Documents will be checked by the Front Counter Officers
- They may ask you some questions
- You will be issued a Police Registration Certificate (PRC)