George is a commuting student with significant caring responsibilities. He’s also worked for a year before university as well. He’s keen that his love of the subject and his ability to relate to others come across in his CV as he believes that these strengths will be really useful as he’s going to be contacting commutable theatres and performing arts premises to enquire about summer work/internships in their marketing departments.
You can also view George's CV as a Word document.
email@example.com, 07777 000000
Sept 2021 – Present, BA English Literature with Creative Writing, University of Reading
- Degree covers both the ability to analyse and critique the great works of others, and the chance to develop techniques and forms to influence my own writing, across fiction, drama, poetry and non-fiction;
- Achieved a 1st in year 1.
Sept 2014 – June 2020, Maidenhead Secondary & 6th Form
- A-Levels – English Literature – A, Drama & Theatre Studies - B, History – B
- GCSEs - 9 subjects, all graded A1 to B3
Sept 2020 – Present, Carer
- Supporting a close relative with a long term condition, attending to their needs, coordinating with external support structures and running the household;
Jul 2020 – Aug 2021, Business Development Consultant
- Sold advertising space for online listings website via warm- and cold-calling;
- Developed the ability to build relationships very quickly, and the resilience to keep progressing to the next call;
- Consistently achieved stretching sales targets, leading to Sales Person of the month awards four out of thirteen months worked;
- Worked flexibly from home, to both take advantage of peak sales hours and meet the needs of home life.
Jan 2006 - Present, Maidenhead Youth Theatre, Reading, UK
- Performed in at least one production every year since the age of six, rising from chorus and background roles to the lead for the last four years, gaining rave reviews;
- Acted in a variety of theatrical forms, from musicals to tragedy, slapstick to drama;
- Directed a couple of smaller productions, and lead backstage activities a few times too, but prefer performing.
Apr 2010 – Present, Badminton
- Represented the School from the age of 10 to 18 in both singles and doubles;
- Currently a social member of the UoR Badminton Society and play with friends most weeks in Maidenhead.
IT – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
References available on request