This is the CV of a final year Bioscience student. They have been involved in a lot of things, work, societies, sports and music, yet they’ve still been able to condense it all into one page, although they have taken the font down to the lowest size we’d advise.
As they’ve done so much, they could have created a two page CV if they’d wanted to, but one page does create quite an impact as it really emphasises how busy they have been.
Frederick Jones1 Erleigh Rd, Reading, RG1 7BT, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44(0)7700 000000, www.linkedin.com/fjr
Education & Qualifications
9/2020 - Present |University of Reading
BSc Biological Sciences (expected result 2:1)
- A flexible degree course with a biomolecular emphasis; modules in Molecular Genetics, Bacteriology, Virology and Endocrinology.
- Final year research project will be entitled ‘MicroRNA-mediated regulation of Hox gene function during animal development.’
9/2013 – 6/2020 | St. Peter’s School and Sixth Form, Guildford
- A-levels: Biology A*, Psychology A, Chemistry B, Geography B
- GCSEs: 3 A*, 7 A, 1 B (including English and Maths)
6/2022 – 7/2022 | Research Assistant, ICMR Laboratories, University of Reading, 8 weeks
- Developed microbiological techniques allowing for the maintenance and growth of bacterial cultures, DNA and RNA extraction, and spectrophotometry as part of a research project supervised by Professor Adam Gough on the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular and metabolic disease.
- Delivered a 30-minute presentation of research findings to 25 departmental colleagues.
7/2021 | Lab Assistant, Lilly Research and Development, Windlesham, 4 weeks
- Collaborated on a cardiovascular drug design research project in a team of 4.
- Documented laboratory results accurately, and observed cell culture techniques.
6/2020 - 7/2020 | General Assistant, Greggs Bakery, Guildford
- Communicated professionally with the general public and other staff, in order to serve fresh food and drinks in an efficient manner
- Devised a new online rota system so employees could view their weekly shifts from home. Awarded Amazon vouchers from the regional manager for the idea.
Positions of Responsibility, Interests & Activities
9/2020 – 7/2021 | Vice President, University of Reading RAG Society
- Coordinated 20+ fundraising events around the university which raised 15% over the £125,000 target for various good causes during the academic year.
4/2010 – Present | Clarinet: Grade 8 clarinet
- Member of University of Reading Symphony Orchestra and Clarinet Choir
- Took part in orchestra tours of European cities before and after the pandemic at St Peter’s and UoR, performing in Barcelona, Paris and Prague
1/2009 – Present | Sport:
- Member of my Hall’s football team.
- Run at least 10k twice per week. Competed in the Royal Berkshire 10km in May 2022
IT Skills: Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications (including Access), good C++ programming, Basic MATLAB skillsLanguage Skills: Native English, Conversational French
References available on request