If you are studying for a Postgraduate-Taught Master’s within one of our participating departments, then you are eligible to participate in THRIVE.
Similar to the scheme available to undergraduates, but tailored for your needs, THRIVE offers you the chance to work with a mentor who can offer you insights and opportunities within the workplace. Having similar academic interests and understanding, our mentors are a real source of knowledge and expertise.
How does the year shape up?
- You will sign up during the autumn term. We know your first few weeks are busy, so invite you to get involved from week 3 onwards.
- Once successfully matched, you will be invited to training.
- Once you have trained you will be given your mentor’s contact details.
- Mentoring runs for 6 months between January and June.
- Each month you will spend 1-2 hours communicating with your mentor.
- When June arrives, there will be the opportunity to reflect on what you have achieved and network with other participants from the scheme.
How does THRIVE benefit me?
Hundreds of students have already embarked on their professional partnership with their THRIVE mentor. What each student gains varies, but we do see some trends.
Typically, by engaging with the scheme you should expect:
- The growth of your own professional network of sector experts.
- A greater understanding of the dynamics of a particular role or sector.
- The opportunity to take some work experience or a placement.
- Greater confidence and motivation toward your own career goals.
- To enjoy getting to know someone new with a great deal of knowledge and experience which can benefit you.
Mentors for you to select are available on our website (no link yet). Please select ‘postgraduate’ when looking through the mentors to ensure you are selecting a mentor who is available to you.
PLEASE NOTE - HBS students have access to a separate mentoring programme - find out more.