Hosted on the FutureLearn platform, this course is exclusively available to University of Reading students graduating in 2022. Career Smart will go live in the week commencing Monday 07 June and will be facilitated by the course educators until the end of August.
There are four parts to the course, with each section taking approximately 2-3 hours to complete – this is something that you can work through at your own pace and in your own time. This is the third year that the course will run and it has received excellent feedback from those students who completed the course previously:
“Career Smart is a great course - everyone who led it was very engaging and enthusiastic and this was reassuring! I feel less scared about my future now and now I am just excited!” - Final year, Psychology student
“I found the course very enjoyable and extremely useful! I was not sure what my next steps were going to be after graduating this year but thanks to Career Smart, this is not the case anymore!” - Final year, English student
“Try not to let the prospect of life after university panic you – this course is designed to help you and put you at ease to make you feel in control of the process.” - Final year, Geography student
“I would definitely recommend this course – it has really helped me to understand what is required and relieved a lot of nerves and anxieties that I had about this before.” - Postgraduate, Real Estate student
During this course, you will:
- Understand how the recruitment cycle works for graduates
- Hear about the differences between graduate schemes and direct-entry roles
- Receive top tips from recruiters about what they are looking for
- Discover the best way to find graduate jobs and how to research companies and industries
- Find out how to demonstrate your skills, knowledge and experience for applications
- Learn the foundations of writing a good CV, cover letter and how to prepare for interview
- Get feedback from our Careers Consultants who respond to comments and questions daily
As well as interacting with other students who are in their final year on the course, you will hear from experts in the careers service, recent alumni and a wide range of graduate employers.
We appreciate that your final year is likely to be busy, so this course will offer you a great opportunity to get ahead during the summer! Places are limited, so use the link below to register your interest and secure a place today.
GET CAREER SMART