Cafes and restaurants
The best value way to eat on campus is with one of the University’s Clever Cuisine eating plans, providing between 1 to 3 meals per day.
You can eat what you want, where you want, when you want. Enjoy meals that are expertly cooked, using only the freshest ingredients anywhere on campus. With discounts of up to 35% and free hot drinks, Clever Cuisine is inclusive for students living in catered accommodation or can be individually purchased by all other students by the term or year.
All meals are freshly cooked by top grade chefs. Extensive menus have been carefully created to ensure everyone’s tastes are catered for in the most nutritious way possible. It’s cuisine that’s cleverer by far.
We source fresh ingredients from sustainable producers, including beef and fruits from our very own farms. Our menus are devised to be both delicious and nutritious, providing balanced meals at all times of the day with a plant based option always available.
Lectures take you all over campus, so now you can eat where your university life takes you. Clever Cuisine is available in up to 13 eateries spread over halls, Whiteknights and London Road.
So how does it work? Very simply is the answer; money is added to your Campus Card automatically every Saturday morning. You then have seven days, until the following Friday, to spend your balance in any of the outlets listed in your meal plan. Find out more.
Where to Eat and Drink…
We have a vast number of cafes, bars and restaurants spread across campus. You can find more information including menus, allergen information, nutrition and opening hours on the individual outlet pages:
- Casual Dining
- Park Eat – The heart of the campus social scene, offering the widest selection of food and drink. Home to the legendary Park Bar and Park Market - bringing you a wide range of wholefoods, organic and vegan products.
- The Dairy – Based on our historic London Road Campus, offering a wide range of food and drink every day.
- Park House – Our campus pub, with English real ales, craft beers and expertly cooked a la carte menu. Located in one of the original historic country houses of Whiteknights.
- The Square – The central campus eatery, with plenty of space for studying, eating and group work!
- Wantage Dining – The historic Wantage Dining Room, located in the first hall of residence built in England, offers a wide range of food in Harry Potter style surroundings!
- St. Patrick’s Dining – An all you care to eat location at our Northcourt site, offering exceptional value for money, and open to all students.
Bars & Late Night
We have a range of late night venues across the University:
- Park Bar – The social heart of the University at Park Eat, where everyone is welcome. Open every day during term time, showing live sports, and serving food late into the night.
- RUSU Venues – Our award winning Students’ Union offering club nights, live entertainment and dance nights. Visit rusu.co.uk for more information. Please note RUSU is independently operated from the University, and does not accept Campus Card.
- The Dairy – Based on our London Road Campus, The Dairy is consistently named as one of Reading’s leading independent craft beer venues, serving food and drink into the evening. Live Sport is also shown, but often less popular games than Park Bar, such as International leagues.
- Park House - Our campus pub, with English real ales, craft beers and an expertly cooked a la carte menu. Located in one of the original historic country houses of Whiteknights.