Support for students with disabilities or long-term health conditions
If you have a disability, Specific Learning Difficulty, long term medical condition (including mental health difficulties), or developmental difference (such as ADHD or an Autism Spectrum Condition) please register with the Disability Advisory Service (DAS) so they can advise, support and plan for any additional support needed.
DAS may be able to provide study-related support in the following ways:
- Liaise with your Department/Schools/Hubs on reasonable adjustments, including extensions to deadlines and alternative modes of assessment where appropriate (and with your consent).
- Provide information on funding for study support, including the Disabled Students Allowances and how to apply.
- Arrange disability related study support where appropriate, such as mentors and specialist study skills.
- Assess the impact of your disability on your studies and recommend any reasonable adjustments you may need
- Liaise with the Exams Office to put special exam arrangements in place where needed
- Refer and signpost you to other services where this would be helpful
For further advice, please see our Frequently Asked Questions below: