Contact information for support services
- Support Centres: Ask a Question is the main method for contacting support centres with non-urgent queries.
- Student Services Reception: Open for in-person enquiries from 11:00 to 13:00 and 14:00 to 16:00, closed on Thursdays. Telephone 0118 378 5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Mondays to Thursdays 09:00 to 17:00 and on Friday 09:00 to 16:30).
- Student Welfare Team: In the first instance,email the team at email@example.com and ask to speak to one of the team.
- The Counselling and Wellbeing Team: Offering a remote service.Get in contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 0118 378 4216 (9:00-17:00 Monday - Friday)
- The Disability Advisory Service (DAS): To contact the team, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling 0118 378 4202 (9:00-17:00 Monday - Friday). Appointments can be booked to take place via Teams (video or audio calls).
- Campus Jobs: Offering a remote service. Get in contact by phone 0118 378 4499, or email firstname.lastname@example.org (08:00-17:00 Mon To thurs, 08:00-16:30 Friday), or book a virtual appointment.
- Library: Opening hours can be found online. General phone enquiries to 0118 378 8770 and general email enquiries to email@example.com.
- The International Student Advisory Team: Please book an appointment or contact the team via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (+44(0)118 378 8038) 09:00 to 17:00.
- Careers and Placements Team: Careers is offering support remotely 09:00 -17:00, Monday to Thursday, 09:00 - 16:30 Friday. You can reach the team by emailing email@example.com or calling 0118 378 8359.
- The Student Financial Support Team: Virtual appointments are available Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 9.30 to 12pm. Book an appointment. Call the team on 0118 378 5555.
Helplines and mental health support
- Urgent concerns about your mental health? Call the Berkshire NHS Crisis number on 0300 365 2000; they are available 24/7.
- If you are feeling suicidal or desperate to talk to someone, you can call the Samaritans for free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 116 123.
- PAPYRUS is the national UK charity dedicated to the prevention of young suicide and offers a telephone and text service on 0800 068 4141. The service is staffed by trained mental health professionals 10am – 10pm weekdays and 2 – 5pm at the weekend.
- Your doctor/GP practice. If you are registered with the University Medical practice in Northcourt Avenue, the number is:0118 987 4551. Otherwise, please contact the doctor with whom you are registered.
- Non-urgent NHS medical help/advice: 111
- Emergency services:999
- University Security Team emergency number: 0118 378 6300
- University Security Team non-emergency number: 0118 378 7799 or firstname.lastname@example.org.