You must let us know if you test positive for COVID-19 – from any type of test. Fill in this form and we’ll contact you as soon as possible.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature);
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual);
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
Most people with coronavirus have at least one of these symptoms. For further information on symptoms please visit the NHS website.
Further research has shown that there are several less-common, ‘early symptoms’ of COVID-19. PHE have advised that these may include loss of appetite; diarrhoea; nausea/vomiting; extreme tiredness; headaches; joint pain; muscle ache; runny nose; sore throat; sneezing; altered consciousness; seizures.
You do not need to self-isolate or get a PCR test if you experience these without any of the main three COVID-19 symptoms. However, it is important to pay particular attention if you experience these ‘early symptoms’. If you feel unwell with any of the ‘early symptoms’, we recommend that you:
- monitor the symptoms closely, limit contact with others by staying at home as much as possible, and pay extra attention to cleaning any shared areas after use; and
- Take or book an LFT test
Remember that you should self-isolate and get a PCR test, if you develop any of the main symptoms - even mildly.
If you do have any questions, please contact our COVID-19 Support & Behaviour Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us know if you have symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms (listed previously) of coronavirus you should self-isolate and get a PCR test as soon as possible. You must also tell anyone else you live with as they will need to self-isolate until you get your test result.
- If you live in private accommodation and are self-isolating while seeking a test or waiting for the results, please let us know using our online form. Let us know if you are struggling to access testing.
- If you live in halls, please use the Home at Halls app (or My Unite for Kendrick residents) to report if you have symptoms.
PCR tests: For those with COVID-19 symptoms.
- If you have any of the main symptoms of COVID-19, however mild:
Book or order a test on the government website as soon as symptoms begin or call 119. The test takes less than a minute and you can expect your result the next day.
Frequently asked questions: