- Emergency services (fire, ambulance, police): Telephone 999
- University Security Services emergency control extension: Telephone 0118 378 6300
- University Security Services (non-emergency): 0118 378 7799
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health and Safety Services: Telephone 0118 378 8888
The University's Security Team
The 50 plus in-house Security Team is on hand 24/7 and strives to maintain a safe and secure environment across the University's sites. They provide:
- security patrols, surveillance and emergency response for all University property
- an extensive CCTV network
- 24-hour control room
You can find out more about the University's Security Team and staying safe on and around campus here.
Personal safety advice
Although Reading is a safe area in general, you should take precautions to look after yourself.
- Avoid being out on your own after dark
- Avoid dark alleys, parks and isolated areas, especially at night
- Let your friends know when you’re going out, where you’re going and roughly what time you expect to be back.
For more information on your safety responsibilities and for safe behaviour around campus, please see ‘Safety responsibilities’ under S in the Halls A-Z Handbook.