- Lecturer in British Sign Language [BSL] for Stages 1 & 3 for IWLP
- Module Convenor for British Sign Language [BSL] for Stage 3
- Lecturer within BA Education Studies – convenor for Education for Inclusion module and Exploring Learning module for Year 1 students. Academic Tutor. Dissertation Supervisor for some Year 3 students.
- ATP Dissertation Supervisor for BA Education.
- MA Dissertation Supervisor
Areas of interest
- Impact of mainstream education on deaf children - focused on those up to age of 25; and interlinks with social and mental wellbeing.
- Inclusion within education and in social life.
- Political and Social history of Deaf people
- Linguistics of BSL and its evolution over the years
- Representation of Deaf via media
- Deaf-blind communication strategy and tactics [including Haptic method]
Masters Level supervision offered in these areas:
- Mainstream education
- Policy of inclusion
- Education for Deaf children
- Mental Health in primary/secondary school children
- Provision for SEN pupils
- Currently a PhD student under supervision of Dr T. Williams – looking at employability of deaf adults and key factors leading to success or otherwise in employment •
- Research Assistant in partnership with Leverhulme – looking at Assistive Technology support for university students who are either Deaf/Hard of hearing, dyslexic or has English as second language
Awards and honours
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy [FHEA]
- Winner of RUSU Award 2020 Teaching Excellence Awards for Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences