News and Events
This page gives you information on Open Days, Teacher Training events, public lectures, concerts, art exhibitions and professional development events we host.
These information events cover all routes into teaching for Early Years, Primary and Secondary Postgraduate programmes.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
Following the UK government's advice on the coronavirus pandemic, our information events will now not be taking place on campus.
We have developed a range of online resources so that you can find out more about the Institute of Education, our programmes and have your questions answered.
Please note: All our University-led PGCE Primary programmes and Secondary programmes are now closed for 2020 entry.
Undergraduate Open Days
Come to our Undergraduate Open Days and explore our beautiful campus, meet students and lecturers from all our courses, see our accommodation, and enjoy talks and taster lectures.
- Saturday 3 October 2020
- Saturday 10 October 2020
- Friday 13 November 2020 (tbc)
- Virtual placements for students with special educational needs during COVID-19
- BA Primary Education with Art Y3 Online Exhibition
- 2020 University Teaching Fellowship winners
- Carol Fuller appointed Head of IoE
- Tips plus sources of support and ideas for your children