News and Events
This page gives you information on Open Days, Teacher Training events, public lectures, concerts, art exhibitions and professional development events we host.
- Postgraduate teacher training information events
- Undergraduate open days
- Master's events
- NQT conference
Our information events cover all routes into teaching for Early Years, Primary and Secondary Postgraduate programmes.
During COVID-19, we have placed the in person events on hold. Instead, we will be having regular live webinars. Keep an eye on this page for more information.
We have also developed a range of online resources so that you can find out more about the Institute of Education, our programmes and have your questions answered.
Undergraduate Open Days
Come to our Undergraduate Open Days and explore our beautiful campus, meet students and lecturers from all our courses, see our accommodation, and enjoy talks and taster lectures.
- Wednesday 4 November, 17:00 - 18:00
Will Bailey-Watson will talk through the teaching and wider educational options available to you within the Institute of Education at the University of Reading. Topics covered by this webinar will include:
- Introduction to BA Primary Education (QTS)
- Studying a PGCE after completing a degree in a subject you love
- More information on our BA Education Studies degree programme
- Friday 13 November, 10.30-14.30
Our virtual event will include presentations and Q&A sessions with academic staff on our different master's courses, as well as live chat with our current students.
- 21 January 2021
This conference will focus on Becoming a Mindful Teacher. The Keynote talk 'Mental Health and Wellbeing as an NQT' will be given by Sam Twiselton, OBE . Other sessions include the inclusive curriculum through the lens of EAL, educating about race in the curriculum and behaviour management.
- 7th in the UK for Education (The Guardian University Guide 2021)
- Virtual placements for students with special educational needs during COVID-19
- BA Primary Education with Art Y3 Online Exhibition
- 2020 University Teaching Fellowship winners
- Carol Fuller appointed Head of IoE