News and Events
This page gives you information on Open Days, Teacher Training events, public lectures, concerts, art exhibitions and professional development events we host.
- Dr Rebecca Berkley on training the Musician in the Classroom
- Encouraging inclusive Computer Science approaches: female participation in STEM
- Roy Blatchford CBE: Postcard from Shanghai
- Marvellous Mums and Marvellous Me Celebration
- Catherine Foley on Publishing ‘Leading Primary Mathematics.’
- Postgraduate teacher training information events
- Undergraduate open days
- Master's and PGCERT Senco open events
- General information about training to become a teacher
- Information about the School Direct and University PGCE programmes
- Structure of courses
- Entry requirements, deadlines and how to apply.
Information events, covering all routes into teaching for Early Years, Primary and Secondary Postgraduate programmes.
Although not an application requirement, we do recommend that all those wishing to apply for Initial Teacher Training attend one of these events where there is an opportunity to find out:
BUILDING & ROOM
LONDON ROAD CAMPUS
|Monday 4 November 2019||16.00||L24 G06|
|Monday 2 December 2019||16.00||L24 GO6|
|Monday 6 January 2020||16:00||L24 G06||Coming soon|
|Monday 3 February 2020||16:00||L24 G06||Coming soon|
|Monday 2 March 2020||16:00||L24 G06||Coming soon|
|Monday 6 April 2020||16:00||L24 G06||Coming soon|
|Monday 4 May 2020||16:00||L24 G06||Coming soon|
|Monday 1 June 2020||16:00||L24 G06||Coming soon|
|Monday 6 July 2020||16:00||L24 G06||Coming soon|
MASTER'S VISIT AFTERNOON
These postgraduate-tailored events will give you a taste of master's study at the University of Reading.
- Wednesday 13 November 2019
- Wednesday 12 February 2020
Join us at one of our master's and PGCert SENCo information evenings, which usually run from 16:00- 18:00.
- Monday 27 January 2020
- Monday 11 May 2020
If you wish to join an event or be placed on a list for future events, please email email@example.com.
Come to our Undergraduate Open Days and explore our beautiful campus, meet students and lecturers from all our courses, see our accommodation, and enjoy talks and taster lectures.
- Friday 19 June 2020
- Saturday 20 June 2020
British school of Kuwait talk
12.30 to 1.30pm
5:00 to 6:00pm
London Road Campus Building L33 G12
- Find out what teaching abroad entails
- How to find an international school that supports and accredits NQTs
- What to look for in a school
- Conditions of employment and living
- Teaching conditions
- Salary and benefits
- How interviews are conducted
- What questions to ask
- Hear from former University of Reading RPTs are getting on at BSK.