BA Primary Education Interview
Congratulations on being invited for interview for the BA Primary Education (QTS) programme at the University of Reading.
Interviews are being provided online for the rest of the academic year.
We are sure that the experience will be less stressful and that you are more likely to perform to your potential, if you are well prepared and feel confident about what to expect on the day of your interview.
We hope, therefore, that the following information will be helpful to you.
Prior to the interview
We strongly advise that you make yourself familiar with the programme for which you have applied.
Be aware of some current issues facing teaching, particularly in the subject area for which you have applied (for example, browse Tes, The Guardian's education section or BBC's Family and Education pages).
What we will be looking for:
During the interview process we will expect you to demonstrate:
- Appropriate interest, knowledge, understanding and skills in your specialist subject.
- Some relevant experience with children and any further plans for developing this.
- A developing understanding of the qualities required to make a good teacher.
- Some knowledge and understanding of educational issues, including the primary curriculum.
- Evidence of and ability to present material to an audience in a way which engages their interest.
- Evidence of ability to participate in a discussion.
- Potential to reach the Standards for Qualified Teacher Status. We would advise you to read the Teacher's standards to familiarise yourself with them prior to interview.
We look forward to meeting you albeit virtually, and if you have any further queries or if you require any specialist assistance in relation to your remote interview, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .