- Programme Director for Biochemistry
- Admissions Tutor for Biochemistry
- Module Convenor
- Academic Tutor
- Athena SWAN deputy
- School Diversity, Wellbeing and Inclusion lead
Teaching and Scholarship:
Diversity and inclusion in teaching; e.g. the effects of gender and ethnicity on attainment.
Innovative session and module design to encourage active learning Integrating academic tutoring into modules to enhance learner development and support.
Protein receptors (G-protein coupled receptor), and effects of their mutation on cellular signalling and human health.
Identifying roles and mechanisms of action of orphan receptors.
Impact, Enterprise and Outreach
Actively involved in open and visit days at the university supporting visitors.
Organiser and facilitator of outreach activities at:
- Reading Scholars (University of Reading)
- Big Bang Fair @ Leighton Park
- Big Bang Fair South East
- Part 0: Foundation Programme: Biology
- Part 1: Human Physiology, Building Blocks of Life, Key Skills in Biomedicine and Key Skills in Ecology and Zoology
- Part 2: Physiological Biochemistry and Key Skills 2 in Biomedicine
- Part 3: Applied and Integrated Biochemistry and Final Year Projects (systematic reviews and teaching/outreach projects)
- Part 4: Research Techniques, Analysis and Experimental Design