Professor of Public Engagement with History
Teaching Fellow in Ecology and Zoology
- Co-ordinating and delivering teaching programmes within the School of Biological Sciences
- Conservation biology - invasive species research
- Biotelemetry - the use of miniaturised datalogging devices for investigating animal behaviour
Impact, Enterprise and Outreach
- Involved in outreach and public engagement events including L'Oreal/ZSL Soap Box Science, Bright Club Oxford, Museums Showoff, Skeptics in the Pub, Pint of Science and Science Slam. Science speaker and stand-up comedian.
- Popular science writer for Focus Magazine, Tygodnik Powszechny and Gazeta Wyborcza (in Polish), and the Conversation (in English).
- Frequent appearances on the radio, both in English (BBC Radio Berkshire, BBC Radio Oxford, Sveriges Radio P4) and Polish (TOK FM, PR4, PR1, RDC, PR dla Zagranicy, Radio Praga).
- Expert for Discovery Channel's "How Do They Do It?" programme.
- Publicity Officer for the Oxfordshire Mammal Group.
- Mentor in the Lean in STEM programme, aimed at young women in science.
- Science communication coach for the British Council and Cheltenham Science Festival.
- Part 1: Animal Diversity
- Part 2: Practical Animal Behaviour
- Part 3: Wildlife Diseases, Conservation Biology
- Winner of the Wellcome-funded "I'm a Scientist, Get Me out of Here", 2016
- Winner of FameLab Poland, 2014
- Winner of International Alumni Prize, FameLab International, 2014
- Invited speaker at TEDxWarsaw 2013
- Member of the Polish Society of Arts & Sciences Abroad
- Ambassador for the Polonium Foundation
- Dr Agnieszka Olszańska, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
- Dr Wojciech Solarz, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland