Student IT Guide
Here at the University of Reading IT department we provide all students with lots of free services and products, plus useful information on how to get them.
To make our services easier to find we have included all the most popular ones in a easy to read booklet.
Get the student IT guide
Click the link below to download the official PDF:
What's in the Student IT Guide?
The booklet includes information on:
- Wi-Fi - connection instructions for a wide range of devices
- Free Office 365 - get Word, Excel and more for free
- Free software - download or stream the software you use for studying
- Online storage - 1TB of free cloud storage
- Printing - learn how to print anywhere on campus
- Many more useful services and products
To make sure you get the most relevant information, the booklet is split into 3 sections:
- Day 0 - useful information for before you arrive at the University
- Day 1 - useful information for when you arrive at the University
- Week 1 - useful information for once you have settled in and started studying
Want to Contact IT?
Have an issue with a piece of technology or just want to talk to us regarding IT? Our friendly staff on the IT Service Desk are always happy to assist you via phone, email or online.
Want to see us in person? Visit us at the IT Service Desk on the 1st floor of the Library.