Telephones - Installations, moves and changes
Moves and changes which can be accomplished without a site visit and without wiring or other infrastructural changes will be completed without an additional charge being made.
Where a site visit and/or infrastructural changes are carried out, a minimum charge of £100 will be levied, the exact amount depending on the complexity of the works. To activate an existing voice socket and wiring, issue a new extension number and connect this to a port on the telephone exchange, the charge will be £200. *
A general purpose telephone handset can be supplied in addition to any of the above charges.
A £7.50 per month maintenance charge is levied per handset, this includes Voicemail and email notification of voice messages, if required.
Directly dialled telephone calls are charges at the BT standard Business rate
* If no socket or wiring is available then a separate quote for the installation of a new socket and wiring will be provided by Facilities Management Directorate (FMD). The charge amount will depend on the complexity of the work and is in addition to any of the above charges
For further information please contact Service Desk 0118 378 6262 or go to IT Self Service at https://www.reading.ac.uk/internal/its
Telephones and Handsets
IT Services offer a range of telecommunications equipment for those with a disability or who have hearing/visual impairment This includes
- Phones for people who are deaf or hard of hearing
- Phones for people who are blind or partially sighted
- Phones for people with mobility impairments
- Phones for people with impaired dexterity
- Phones for people with impaired speech or language impairment
For further information on Handsets please contact Service Desk 0118 378 6262 or go to IT Self Service at https://www.reading.ac.uk/internal/its