Password Reset - Staff
Help Page for MyID - how to reset your password
To view the images on this page in a larger format then please right click the image and open it in a new tab.
Check before you start:
If you have a mobile device (phone, laptop etc.) which reads your email, turn off automatic e-mail synchronisation before changing your password. Update your password on the device, then re-enable sync.
1. Open your preferred browser. Navigate to the following link - https://myid.reading.ac.uk
You will reach the following screen. Use your normal university username and password to login.
2. If this is the first time you have logged into IIQ the following screen will be displayed to setup 'Authentication Questions'. Select your Questions from the drop down list, provide answers to your questions and 'Save'.
3. From the Dashboard select Change Passwords (in blue rectangle) within Manage Access from the top panel of the Dashboard.
4. Select your username and two boxes will appear, for you to enter your new password and confirm it (type in the exact same phrase). The password should satisfy the following conditions:
- Minimum length of 8 characters
- Maximum length of 12 characters
- Must contain at least one digit
- Must not be the previous (1) password
- Must contain upper and lower case characters
- Must not contain your username
- Must not be based on a dictionary word in any European Language
- Must not contain the following characters: # £ \ or space
Click on Submit
5. Once a successful new password has been submitted a Summary screen will be displayed with your name and username listed. Click on Submit to confirm the change.
6. Once you click on Submit, you will be directed to the IIQ Dashboard page and a message appears to confirm that the request has been submitted successfully. You will also receive an email advising you of the change.
If you have any problems please contact the IT Service Desk on 0118 378 6262 or extension 6262.
The password will not be changed until you confirm the change
Changes can take up to 30 minutes to synchronise across all systems
Remember to change your password on any mobile devices (phones, tablets, laptops), and any devices which access your e-mail