The IT Service Desk is the first point of contact for all IT fault reports and service requests. Support is available in several ways:
- Online through the IT Self Service Portal
- Telephone 6262 from any internal phone or Teams. If you are on a mobile or calling externally, please dial 0118 378 6262.
- Emailing email@example.com.
- In person, you can visit the IT Service Desk on the first floor of the main Library on a weekday (9am to 5pm)
- Answers to many common questions and detailed self-help documents can be found via searching the Knowledge Base within the IT Self Service Portal
How to sign in to the IT Self Service Portal
Follow this link IT Self Service Portal and sign in using your UoR email address and password. Your email address is in the format:
- Staff: <username>@reading.ac.uk
- Student: <username>@student.reading.ac.uk
If you find that TOPdesk links are not working in your browser, please try the following:
- Go to https://uor.topdesk.net/ in an Incognito Window (Chrome) or InPrivate Window (Edge)
- Select Sign in and enter your UoR email address and password as usual
What happens to my request?
All faults and requests are logged on our IT Service Management System (TOPdesk), the customer is then issued with a ticket number. All tickets are read within one working day, and a priority allocated. Highest priority is given to faults with core/live systems, including technology used in teaching. Many tickets are passed to other teams in IT once initial details have been taken.
You will be send updates by email from IT Service Desk, please make sure you read them as you may need to reply or give us more information..
How do I check for updates? What is happening with my ticket?
If you need to check the progress of an enquiry, please log into the IT Self Service Portal where you can see any status updates, or contact us directly by phone or email and quote your ticket number.
- IT Self Service Portal
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone (Internal): 6262
- Telephone (External): 0118 378 6262
- Monday to Friday: 08:00 - 18:00
Library (Term time only)
- Monday to Friday: 08:00 - 17:00