Bringing mobile devices into a classroom setting can be a proactive way to engage the digital natives within an educational setting.
A result of a literature review conducted by FutureLab showed that there was an increase in communication, collaboration, and understanding of concepts following the use of mobile technology applications in learning.
Using mobile devices within education allows students to access course materials remotely, making them able to further their learning no matter where they are.
IS MOBILE LEARNING THE FUTURE?
There are many benefits of bringing mobile devices into the learning experience, including:
- Students' own mobile phones can replace textbooks, visual aids, and presentation technology
- Students can engage with information through interactive technology
- Mobile phones have WiFi capabilities, offering instant access to information when needed
- Bringing mobile learning into the classroom can diversify the types of learning activities
- Access to learning material on a mobile provides the opportunity for students to learn inside and outside of the classroom