Creating accessible learning materials
We understand that all students who come to the University of Reading are different, and some will have difficulty with the learning materials due to factors beyond their control
Because of this, we are dedicated to making sure all of our curriculum has accessible learning materials to help every student to get the very best from their learning during their studies with us.
The TEL team offer advice and support on making digital learning materials accessible, and work closely with the academic staff across all Schools and Departments to make sure every tutor is able to assist a student who needs help.
TAKING EVERY STUDENT INTO CONSIDERATION
We are committed to making learning materials accessible to everyone, including students who:
- Have difficulty seeing things
- Have hearing difficulties
- Have difficulty with understanding things
- Struggle to concentrate
- Have trouble handling and manipulating things
- Find communicating with others hard
- Have difficulty accessing text
- Are dyslexic.