1. To act as Secretary to and manage the business of the University Board for Teaching and Learning, the main University committee responsible for all matters relating to teaching and learning, including programmes of study, quality assurance, assessment issues and policies and procedures for teaching and learning;
2. To play a leading role in the development, management, communication and implementation of institutional policy and procedure in relation to quality assurance and enhancement;
3. To play a leading role in other quality assurance and development processes co-ordinated by CQSD, including acting as Secretary to Working Parties or Sub-Committees, as the need arises;
4. To support the University process for the Periodic Review of Programmes, including acting as Secretary to Reviews; and
5. To support and advise on the quality assurance and enhancement aspects of the development of formal and informal partnerships and links with external regional institutions and bodies.
I joined the Graduation Office at the University of Reading in May 2007, having previously worked at the University of Surrey as IELTS administrator.
I have been working as Senior Quality Support Officer in the Quality Support Office/CQSD since January 2010 and since then have acted as secretary to a number of Working Groups and Committees. I have been secretary to the University Board for Teaching and Learning since 2011-12 and was previously secretary to the Sub-Committee on the Delivery and Enhancement of Learning and Teaching (DELT) and the Sub-Committee on Programme Management. I have also supported the development and operation of a number of formal partnerships in the UK, China and Ghana and have participated in a number of Periodic Reviews across the institution.
I have played a leading role in the development of a broad range of new and existing policies and most recently acted as secretary to the Curriculum Framework and Review Steering Group and am particularly interested in the development and enhancement of Periodic Review processes. I am also currently working as Secretary to the Learning Gain Steering Group.
Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA)
BA French with German, University of Warwick
MA Translation, University of Surrey