Dr Aaron Cooper
Supporting and developing the enhancement of teaching, learning and assessment within the university by:
- Working in partnership with staff across the university to develop academic practice, pedagogies and the curriculum
- Creating resources to support the development of academic practice, pedagogies and the curriculum
- Designing and delivering educational and professional development opportunities to staff
Recent: I recently held the Civil Service position of Senior Social Scientist. I was responsible for managing research projects funded through the Chief Scientific Advisor to HM Government, and exploiting the findings through the implementation of policy and training. I was also responsible for managing and developing the links between industry and academia, and led on international initiatives such as the UK/India Collaboration on Global and Cultural training.
Teaching: I have designed and delivered social science curricula at several educational levels. I have worked in Further Education as a Functional and Basic Skills teacher, as well as having experience covering the provision of A and As level Sociology and Psychology. In addition to this I spent 5 years adapting teaching principles for the Higher Education environment, delivering a total of 17 undergraduate and Masters level courses.
Awards and Recognition
- Chief Scientific Advisor Award for significant contribution to Social Science
- Chief Scientific Advisor Commendation for work on the 'Future of Identity' Project, in collaboration with the Government Office for Science
- Government Accolade x2 for contribution to international research programmes
- Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Geoff Sparks Prize for undergraduate dissertation
- PGCE PCET
- Behavioural Science BSc (hons)