Thank you for your interest in the University of Reading
Research and teaching activities previously grouped together as Systems Engineering, have been reorganised. Please explore the relevant areas below:
- Biomedical engineering: Part of the School of Biological Sciences, the Biomedical Engineering section brings together academics with world-leading expertise in systems engineering with internationally renowned colleagues from biomedical sciences to better develop novel engineering solutions to healthcare problems.
- Computer science: The Department of Computer Science delivers high-quality degrees in computer science and focused research in associated areas, including data science and computational science.
- Neuroscience: Teaching and research activities related to neuroscience are undertaken within the School of Psychology and Clinical Language Sciences and the Biomedical Engineering section.
- Sustainable engineering: Academics within the School of the Built Environment conduct sustainable engineering research.
- Infrared optical filters and coatings Infrared Multilayer Laboratory are specialists in the design and manufacture of infrared optical filters and coatings for astronomy, space-flight and atmospheric remote-sensing instrumentation.