Dr Varun Ojha
Building locationPolly Vacher
Areas of interest
- Artificial intelligence
- Machine learning
- Computational intelligence
- Evolutionary computation and optimisation
- Pattern recognition
- Natural language processing
- Fuzzy inference systems.
Research projectsDr Ojha worked as a Marie-Curie Fellow in a European Union-funded project on interdisciplinary research concerning computational intelligence modelling of pharmaceutical processes.
BackgroundDr Ojha worked as a postdoctoral researcher at ETH Zurich, Switzerland in a Swiss National Science Foundation project concerning machine learning and signal processing for pattern analysis of human's perception of the urban environment. He was awarded a PhD in Computer Science and Applied Mathematics by the Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic. His PhD work was on feature selection and function approximation using adaptive algorithms.
Before this, Dr Ojha worked as a research fellow in a Government of India funded-project on interdisciplinary research aims at machine learning and signal processing based pattern recognition of mixed gases. He earned a Master of Technology and Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science & Engineering.
Professional bodies/affiliationsDr Ojha is an Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) senior member and member of the Association of Computing Professionals (ACM).
Websites/blogsFind Dr Ojha on Google Scholar.
- Ojha, V. , Abraham, A. , Snášel, V. (2019) Heuristic design of fuzzy inference systems: a review of three decades of research. Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence , 85 pp. 845-864. ISSN: 0952-1976 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.engappai.2019.08.010
- Ojha, V. , Griego, D. , Kuliga, S. , Bielik, M. , Bus, P. , Schaeben, C. , Treyer, L. , Standfest, M. , Schneider, S. , König, R. , Donath, D. , Schmitt, G. (2019) Machine learning approaches to understand the influence of urban environments on human’s physiological response. Information Sciences , 474 pp. 154-169. ISSN: 0020-0255 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ins.2018.09.061
- Bielik, M. , Schneider, S. , Kuliga, S. , Griego, D. , Ojha, V. , König, R. , Schmitt, G. , Donath, D. (2019) Examining trade-offs between social, psychological, and energy potential of urban form. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information , 8 (2). ISSN: 2220-9964 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/ijgi8020052
- Ojha, V. , Snasel, V. , Abraham, A. (2018) Multiobjective programming for type-2 hierarchical fuzzy inference trees. IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems , 26 (2). pp. 915-936. ISSN: 1063-6706 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TFUZZ.2017.2698399
- Ojha, V. , Schiano, S. , Wu, C. , Snásel, V. , Abraham, A. (2018) Predictive modeling of die filling of the pharmaceutical granules using the flexible neural tree. Neural Computing and Applications , 29 (7). pp. 467-481. ISSN: 0941-0643 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00521-016-2545-8
- Ojha, V. , Dutta, P. , Chaudhuri, A. (2017) Identifying hazardousness of sewer pipeline gas mixture using classification methods: a comparative study. Neural Computing and Applications , 28 (6). pp. 1343-1354. ISSN: 0941-0643 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00521-016-2443-0
- Ojha, V. , Abraham, A. , Snasel, V. (2017) Metaheuristic design of feedforward neural networks: a review of two decades of research. Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence , 60 pp. 97-116. ISSN: 0952‐1976 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.engappai.2017.01.013
- Ojha, V. , Abraham, A. , Snásel, V. (2017) Ensemble of heterogeneous flexible neural trees using multiobjective genetic programming. Applied Soft Computing , 52 pp. 909-924. ISSN: 1568-4946 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.asoc.2016.09.035
- Ojha, V. , Jackowski, K. , Abraham, A. , Snásel, V. (2015) Dimensionality reduction, and function approximation of poly (lactic-co-glycolic acid) micro-and nanoparticle dissolution rate. International Journal of Nanomedicine , 10 (1). pp. 1119-1129. ISSN: 1178-2013 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.2147/IJN.S71847