Dr Mohammed Al-Khafajiy
Areas of interest
- Cloud/fog computing
- Cognitive computing
- Parallel and distributed computing
- Embedded systems
- Data mining in networks
- Big data analytics
- Internet of things-enabled technologies.
- Computer Architecture and Networking
- Big Data Analytics.
Dr Mohammed Al-Khafajiy is a Teaching Fellow in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Reading. He received his BSc in Software Engineering from the University of Northampton, and his MSc in Software Engineering with distinction from Liverpool John Moores University.
He had also been working as .Net developer at Pixus. Dr Al-Khafajiy has published many international peer reviewed papers in the field of cloud/fog computing and cognitive computing.
- PhD, Liverpool John Moores University, UK, 2020
- MSc, Liverpool John Moores University, UK, 2017
- BSc, University of Northampton, UK, 2016.
- Associate Fellow of Higher Education Academy (AFHEA), Higher Education Academy
- Member of Staff and Educational Development Association (SEDA), Supporting Learning Award.
Dr Al-Khafajiy is a member of many international program committees.
- Al-Khafajiy, M. , Baker, T. , Asim, M. , Guo, Z. , Ranjan, R. , Longo, A. , Puthal, D. , Taylor, M. (2020) COMITMENT: a fog computing trust management approach. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing , 137 pp. 1-16. ISSN: 0743-7315 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jpdc.2019.10.006
- Al-Khafajiy, M. , Baker, T. , Al-Libawy, H. , Maamar, Z. , Aloqaily, M. , Jararweh, Y. (2019) Improving fog computing performance via Fog-2-Fog collaboration. Future Generation Computer Systems , 100 pp. 266-280. ISSN: 0167-739X | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2019.05.015
- Maamar, Z. , Baker, T. , Faci, N. , Al-Khafajiy, M. , Ugljanin, E. , Atif, Y. , Sellami, M. (2019) Weaving cognition into the internet-of-things: application to water leaks. Cognitive Systems Research , 56 pp. 233-245. ISSN: 1389-0417 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cogsys.2019.04.001
- Al-Khafajiy, M. , Kolivand, H. , Baker, T. , Tully, D. , Waraich, A. (2019) Smart hospital emergency system via mobile-based requesting services. Multimedia Tools and Applications , 78 (14). pp. 20087-20111. ISSN: 1573-7721 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11042-019-7274-4
- Boukadi, K. , Faci, N. , Maamar, Z. , Ugljanin, E. , Sellami, M. , Baker, T. , Al-Khafajiy, M. (2019) Norm-based and commitment-driven agentification of the Internet of Things. Internet of Things , 6 ISSN: 2542-6605 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.iot.2019.02.002
- Maamar, Z. , Baker, T. , Faci, N. , Ugljanin, E. , Al-Khafajiy, M. , Burégio, V. (2019) Towards a seamless coordination of cloud and fog: illustration through the internet-of-things. pp. 2008-2015. | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/3297280.3297477
- Al-Khafajiy, M. , Baker, T. , Chalmers, C. , Asim, M. , Kolivand, H. , Fahim, M. , Waraich, A. (2019) Remote health monitoring of elderly through wearable sensors. Multimedia Tools and Applications , 78 (17). pp. 24681-24706. ISSN: 1573-7721 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11042-018-7134-7
- Al-Khafajiy, M. , Baker, T. , Waraich, A. , Alfandi, O. , Hussien, A. (2019) Enabling high performance fog computing through fog-2-fog coordination model. | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/AICCSA47632.2019.9035353
- Maamar, Z. , Baker, T. , Faci, N. , Ugljanin, E. , Atif, Y. , Al-Khafajiy, M. , Sellami, M. (2018) Cognitive computing meets the internet of things. pp. 741-746. | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.5220/0006877507750780
- Al-Khafajiy, M. , Baker, T. , Al-Libawy, H. , Waraich, A. , Chalmers, C. , Alfandi, O. (2018) Fog computing framework for internet of things applications. pp. 71-77. | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/DeSE.2018.00017
- Al-Khafajiy, M. , Baker, T. , Waraich, A. , Al-Jumeily, D. , Hussain, A. (2018) IoT-fog optimal workload via fog offloading. pp. 359-364. | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/UCC-Companion.2018.00081
- Maamar, Z. , Boukadi, K. , Ugljanin, E. , Baker, T. , Asim, M. , Al-Khafajiy, M. , Benslimane, D. , El Alaoui El Abdallaoui, H. (2018) Thing federation as a service: foundations and demonstration. pp. 184-197. ISSN: 0302-9743 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-00856-7_12